Thursday, June 9, 2011

Is fame screwing with Emma Watson's dating life?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/06/08/t1larg.emma.watson.jpg



Emma Watson’s international fame as a “Harry Potter” star didn’t get her bullied out of Brown University as rumors suggested, but it might be putting a crimp in her social life.

The 21-year-old told the U.K.’s Sunday Times Style magazine that landing a date hasn’t been easy.

“I say to my friends, 'Why hasn't X called me? Why doesn't anyone ever pursue me?' They're like, 'Probably because they're intimidated.' It must be the fame wall," she told the magazine, according to Us Weekly. "It must be the circus that goes around me. Me, as a person, I find it hard to believe I would be intimidating.”

While the “fame wall” may be stopping potential suitors, it didn’t cause problems for her at Brown. The actress, who began classes at the Rhode Island school in 2009, announced she was departing from the institution in April to transfer to another school – and not because of bullies, she reiterated to the Sunday Times.

“It made me so sad when all this stuff came out that I was being bullied…It made no sense at all,” she said. "I've never even been asked for an autograph on campus. I threw a party for nearly 100 students and not a single person put a photo on Facebook.”

And even if she had been given a hard time, Watson goes on, “I wasn't going to wuss out of university because someone said 'Wingardium leviosa' to me in a corridor, or 'Ten points for Gryffindor.' I've been dealing with the media since I was nine. If I can't stand up to a few people giving me a hard time, it's a bit pathetic, really. I've had so much worse."

No comments:

Post a Comment