Thursday, June 9, 2011

Shania Twain confirms 2-year Vegas gig

Shania Twain confirms 2-year Vegas gig


Shania Twain's headed for Vegas. The singer confirmed a two-year residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace during a press conference streamed on her website Wednesday.

Twain said she thought deeply about whether or not to make the commitment before agreeing to move to Sin City.

“I’ve learned how to commit myself and put that into healing rather than fear and anxiety,” said the country artist, who divorced her husband in 2010 after learning of his affair with her friend.

When asked if she’s spoken to fellow Canadian Celine Dion, a Colosseum veteran, about the show, Twain said: “The last time I spoke to Celine, it was about our babies. … I consider this venture very personal. … I think Celine will be very insightful and very helpful.”

So what can we expect from Twain’s “Still the One” show?

“It’s early stages and it’s going to be a process, and I really don’t know what you can expect. … I’m going to make the most of this extraordinary platform. … It’s given me a huge freedom and I’m going to go nuts.”

“Anything is possible at Caesars,” she added.

Twain's “Still the One” show will begin on December 1, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment